Australian Theatre Forum 2013: Registrations will open Monday 18th Feb.We are pleased to announce that registrations will open in 10 days! Prices will be between $99 and $760 (inc GST), in several categories from Independent to Major. Independents will need to put in an Expression of Interest (forms will be available on the website later today – Friday 8th Feb), and if successful, will then be given a code to register. All other categories will be open to all professional theatre related organizations, with a limit per organization.
TNV will be undertaking our biennial Remuneration Report again later this year.
Our 2011 Remuneration Report analysed results from an online survey with questions about organisation size, salaries, benefits, and professional development budgets of 92 small to medium Australian arts organisations. Stay tuned for more details of the 2013 survey in the coming months.
The Anywhere Theatre Festival – Melbourne Information session hosted by TNV: 12.30pm Tues 19th Feb.
There are now only a few opportunities left to present in this globally unique festival of performance anywhere but a theatre. Join Festival Director Paul Osuch to hear how easily you can bring your fringe show to Brisbane with support including rent free venues, show funding opportunities and an average festival audience attendance at 74% of capacity.
NPF13 Industry Sessions: 22nd & 23rd Feb, Perth.
Running alongside the National Play Festival’s showcase of new Australian plays, public forums and special presentations, NPF13 will also be holding a series of exclusive industry-only discussions. Discussions focus on key issues facing our sector, an opportunity to hear from international guests and a great catch up with colleagues from theatre companies around Australia. The National Play Festival: 21-24 February, Perth.
In Conversation: APAM Briefing: Exporting the Performing Arts: Sun 24th Feb. Brisbane.
Join Brisbane Powerhouse for a briefing session of what to expect when they host the Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM). Learn more about the upcoming 2014 APAM, the selection process and timelines as well as long term opportunities for 2016 and 2018.
EOI now open for the National Experimental Arts Forum: Applications due 25th Feb.
The Inter-Arts Office of the Australia Council for the Arts will hold a National Experimental Art Forum in May 2013. This program is designed as an open call for exciting new ideas and projects that are framed within the context of experimental arts practice.
Alice Springs 2013 Artist in Residence: Applications close 28th Feb.
Artists are invited to apply for this exciting new initiative that will enable an artist to create a new body of work in response to the dynamic Alice Springs and central Australian region.
EOI’s sought for HotHouse’s A Month in the Country: Applications for Intensives close 1st Mar.
HotHouse is offering funded and unfunded residencies throughout 2013 as a part of their Month in the Country Program. Residencies are available to actors, choreographers, directors, designers, new media artists, playwrights and creative teams.
Call out for Independent Artists for Brisbane Festival: Applications closes 8th Mar.
Expressions of Interest are now being sought from independent artists interested in having their work considered for programming in Brisbane Festival 2013. They are seeking small to medium size works with weekly presenting fees between $1,000 to $10,000.
New Closing Dates for Theatre Board New Work grants [August 2013 & February 2014]
The next New Works closing date is 5 August 2013 followed by February 2014 NOT June and November as in previous years. Please see the Theatre Board pages of the website for information on available grants.
Arts Victoria turned 40 in December and with the celebrations came a new logo.
If you’ve been funded by AV and you need to place their logo on your documentation, you should head to their website to download the new logo files and Guidelines for Use.
VicHealth’s MOTION program [grants up to $70,000]: Applications close 21st Feb.
VicHealth’s MOTION program focuses on creative community interventions which increase physical activity and social connection. Applications are welcome from arts and cultural organisations with a demonstrated track record of providing arts and cultural activity within the community.
Next Wave Social: Sat 23rd Feb.
Next Wave Festival and Darebin Arts are throwing a Summer Soiree on Saturday 23 February. This is your chance to relax with a drink, meet the Next Wave artists, see some art and help kick off their newest initiative, the Next Wave Collective.
Emerging Writers’ Festival presents All Nighter as part of White Night Melbourne: Sat 23rd Feb.
Emerging Writers Festival recently announced they were teaming up with White Night Melbourne to present All Nighter: The Emerging Writers’ Festival Writing Camp, an all-night writing camp at The Wheeler Centre from 7pm – 7am on Saturday 23 February.
City of Port Phillip 2013/14 Cultural Development Fund Grants – FREE Info Session 28th Feb.
The Cultural Development Fund aims to assist and encourage local artists and related organisations to develop and realise creative projects. Funded activities must be based in the City of Port Phillip. Applications close Thursday 28 March 2013.
Liquid Skin Studio SOLUTION Space Grant 2013: Applications close 1st Mar.
Liquid Skin is offering a space grant to support established contemporary dance and physical theatre makers with 10 years or more experience in the development and creation of new work. It is for the generation of a new work in the movement arts (particularly contemporary dance and physical theatre).
Phunktional LTD Master Classes – $240.00: 25th Feb to 1st of Mar.
Phunktional Ltd is running a week long, dance and physical theatre intensive. As part of this series of Master Classes we will be awarding three scholarships to emerging Artists. Scholarship applicants can contact the Phunktional Ltd office to apply before the 8th of February.
Dance Massive is back: 12th to 24th Mar.
Arts House, Dancehouse, The Malthouse Theatre in association with Ausdance Victoria bring you 13 days, 18 shows, 91 performances and 6 world premieres at this year’s Dance Massive. Coinciding with Dance Massive will be the National Dance Forum 2013 which is set to continue the national conversation set in motion in 2011 and provide a space for sector debate, discussion and ideas, the forum will focus on the central question, “Why dance?” The newly announced NDF13 program can be downloaded here (link removed).
Registrations are open for the Performing Arts Touring Expo – The Malthouse, 3rd to 5th Apr.
Hosted by VAPAC, RAV, The Blue Heelers and Arts Victoria, Showcase Victoria will feature the best of Victorian touring shows, Long Paddock will showcase the finest national touring shows and a Touring Forum hosted by Arts Victoria on Friday 5th April will update, inform and discuss the latest touring issues,
Funding available for Australia/India arts projects: Applications close 12th Feb.
The Australia-India Council (AIC), a body formed under Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, runs an annual grant program to support projects which are likely to promote long-term contact and cooperation between Australia and India.
Applications for the 2013–14 Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship close 30th March.
Each year, the Australian Government awards an Arts Fellowship to enable those with a non-science focus the opportunity to experience Antarctica and Australia’s work there first-hand so they may communicate this experience and understanding to others. The program aims to nurture the production of excellent and significant works of art and interpretation by leading professionals and talented emerging artists
- St Martins Youth Theatre welcome back Artistic Director Sarah Austinfrom Maternity leave.
- Brisbane Festival has announced David Bertholdas their new independent performing arts curator.
- Josephine Byrtwill be finishing up her role of Manager Cultural Services, MU Student Union in March.
- Michaela Coventryis leaving Lucy Guerin to become Mega Fun’s new Executive Director.
- Circa announce the appointment of Charlie Cushas their new General Manager.
- Travis Dowlingjoins Hothouse Theatre as their new Associate Director and Drama School Coordinator and teacher.
- Ben Foxhas been appointed Conference Director for the 2014 Regional Arts Conference – Arts On The Edge to be held in Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
- Damien Hodgkinsonleaves ABAF to join Melbourne International Comedy Festival as Executive Director in February.
- Ausdance Victoria appoints new Director and CEO, Andy Howitt.
- Sarah Hunt joins Arts Centre Melbourne as their new General Manager, Marketing & Audience Development.
- Australian Art Orchestra announce Dr Peter Knightas their new Artistic Director.
- Tasmania’s Festival of Voices, welcomes Paul Koopermanas their new General Manager.
- Women’s Circus welcome new executive director Serina McDuff.
- Fiona Menzieswill head Creative Partnerships Australia [The new name for the AbaF + ArtSupport merge].
- Erin Milnewill be leaving her role as General Manager of Arena Theatre Company after seven and a half years.
- Roslyn Oadesis Malthouse Theatre’s 2013 Female Director in Residence.
- Roderick Pooleleaves Writers Victoria after 2 and a half years.Jacquelin Low will sit in the acting Director role until a new director is appointed.
- Artistic Director (AD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Andrew Ross, departed the Brisbane Powerhouse in December 2012.Noelene Gallowaystepped up from Chief Operating Officer to CEO and Sarah Neal will sit in as acting Artistic Director until a new AD is appointed.
- Georgie Sedgwick, Program Manager departs KULTOUR to take up the position of Program Manager at Darwin Festival. Rahima Hayeswill take on the acting role until a permanent Program Manager has been appointed.
- Mirra Todd, CEO and Artistic Director has concluded his time at Milk Crate Theatre. Maree Freemanhas been appointed CEO / Artistic Director and Siena Balakrishnan has been appointed CEO / General Manager.
- Dianne Toulsonjoined Red Stitch Actors Theatre as their new General Manager.