Australian Theatre Forum – Limited places, accommodation deals and Festival ticket offers We’re already over two thirds full and expect to be booked out by Christmas. Visit the ATF website to check out the latestaccommodation deals for delegates. Thanks to our partnership with Sydney Festival, there are also discounted ticket offers for companies and independents. ATF 2015 is set to be an inspiring four days of creative conversation and Sydney summer fun from 20 – 23 Jan. Find out more here.
Exciting News – Arts NSW approves funding for Theatre Network NSWTheatre Network NSW (TNN) has received $80,000 for 2015 annual funding from Arts NSW. The TNN office will be based at Performing Lines and the committee is now seeking a Director. This is a key step towards developing a national network and provides real opportunities for collaboration and shared projects.Check out TNN’s Facebook page here.
Long Paddock and Cyber Paddock – Under New Management At its October meeting, the Regional Arts Australia (RAA) board affirmed its commitment that the Performing Arts Touring Alliance (PATA) would take over the governance of the two touring market-places currently called Long Paddock (a face to face event) and Cyberpaddock (an online system). TNV has a role on PATA as a Councillor and we will continue to pursue our agenda of a fairer, more diverse and more sustainable touring sector. Read more about the changes here.
TNV and Malthouse Theatre host the launch of Currency House Platform Paper #41 ‘Education and the Arts: Creativity in the promised new order’ by Meg Upton with Naomi Edwards, will be launched with a panel discussion and drinks on 12 Nov. More Info Here | Platform Paper Avail Here.
Info Sessions: Australia Council announces details of Six-year Funding Program From 2016, Six-Year funding is available for arts organisations of significant regional, national or international standing. The process kicks off next year with an EOI in March and full applications in September. Read more here.Information sessions are being held in capital cities around the country. Call the Australia Council toll free for info: 1800 226 912.
9 Nov – National Library of Australia – 2015 Creative Arts Fellowship This Fellowship offers a grant of $10,000 for an artist to undertake a minimum one-month residency at the Library in the first half of 2015. Open to individuals practising in any art form, including writing, music, dance, theatre, visual arts and experimental art forms, the fellowship aims to assist professional artists to develop work inspired by the Library’s collections. Read more here.
Ministry for the Arts announces five new Regional Artist Development Fellowships Granted to five individual artists or arts workers, these fellowships focus on professional and creative development and supporting regional artists to develop their professional practice, promote the work of regional artists nationally and internationally and deliver benefits to their local communities. Regional Arts Australia will deliver the fellowships program. Full details here.
17 Nov – Applications for Next Wave’s ‘Kickstart’ program close Next Wave’s Kickstart development program offers money, time and space for young artists to think big and collaborate with other artists across disciplines. Now in its fourteenth year, artists selected for Kickstart 2015 will engage in critical enquiry and build skills for sustainable artistic careers. Read the program info and guidelines here.
2015 National Dance Forum announced – 19-21 March, MelbourneAusdance National and the Australia Council for the Arts have announced that the third National Dance Forum will take place in Melbourne from 19-21 March. NDF2015 will be held in conjunction with Dance Massive at Footscray Community Arts Centre. NDF2015 program and mailing list.
Australia Council launches e-book resource on Artistic Vibrancy “Artistic Vibrancy” is a framework for talking about artistic impact, so that you can confidently address the gamut of what you do, beyond bums on seats, or narrow ideas about excellence. This new e-book contains case studies, video interviews, and all sorts of other useful bits and pieces. Download the e-book here.
Lucy Guerin Inc – 2015 Studio Residency – Applications now open Making a new contemporary dance work? Need studio space? Apply for one of five choreographic Studio Residencies at Lucy Guerin Inc in West Melbourne. There will be no presentation outcome to this initiative but artists are encouraged to arrange a showing and invite feedback from peers and audience. There is no cash component to this residency – only free space. Apply here.
14 Nov – Submission Deadline – Present your work at Metanoia in 2015Metanoia Theatre manages and programs the Mechanics Institute in Brunswick, a fully equipped and accessible 103 seat theatre accompanied by two studios and a gallery space. Theatre- makers, live artists, dancers and musicians are invited to submit proposals for the selected works or general program. FInd out more about the EOI guidelines here.
1 Dec – City of Monash – Community Grants Program 2015/16 – Submissions close Organisations and community groups are invited to submit applications for funding through the 2015/16 Monash Community Grants Program by Monday 1 December 2014. Read the application categories and guidelines here.
12 Nov – Beyond Access: The Creative Case for Inclusive Arts Practice – Free Symposium Arts Access Victoria, in partnership with the University of Melbourne, is undertaking a research project, Beyond Access. Melbourne Social Equity Institute is hosting a free public symposium on the Beyond Access research project from 9.45am – 5.00pm, Wed 12 Nov at Melbourne Brain Centre, University of Melbourne, Parkville. Registration is free. Find out more here.
21 Nov – Grand Grants – Applications close Got an experimental itch to scratch, or a curious creation to hatch? If you are an artist or a maker with a great idea for a project, then Deakin University’s Arts Participation Incubator has $1000 with your name on it! Find out more about Grand Grants here.
4 Dec – Victorian Multicultural Commission – Community Grants Program submissions Applications for the 2015-16 Community Grants Program are now open for programs and projects held between 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2016. The aim of this grants program is to strengthen the capacity of culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse organisations to participate in and influence their local communities. Read more about the grant program here.
16 Jan – Australian Children’s Theatre Foundation Commission – Applications now open The Australian Children’s Theatre Foundation and Regional Arts Victoria are thrilled to announce that applications for the 2015 Australian Children’s Theatre Foundation Commission are now open. This fund commissions and supports the creative development of a new theatre-based work, up to the amount of $20,000. Applications close 5pm Fri 16 Jan 2015.Guidelines and application info.
5 Dec – ‘Going Global’ – Grant deadline for International Performing Arts touring in 2015 The Australia Council’s ‘Going Global’ is a quick-response fund to support international touring of contemporary performing arts. It provides support for presentations, tours, and ‘go-see’ funding for international presenters to see Going Global supported works on tour. If you’re planning to tour in the first part of 2015, please submit your grant application by 5 Dec. Find out more here.
The Cultural Innovation International Prize 10,000 € – Applications now open A new biennial competition organised by the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) aims to develop projects that explore future cultural scenarios through research and practice. The theme for 2014-2015 entries is ‘Audience’. Read the competition guidelines here.
Cultural impact assessment: a literature review of current practice Cultural Development Network (CDN) Research Program Manager, Kim Dunphy, and former CDN researcher, Adriana Partal, have collaborated on a research project that assesses cultural impact in local government contexts around the world. They shared their findings at the recent International Conference on Cultural Policy Research in Hildesheim, Germany. Download the report here.
- Kath Melbourne takes on the newly created role of Executive Producer of Legs on the Wall.
- Aaron Beach is leaving the GM role at ATYP to take up the Executive Director role at the new Contemporary Dance Company of Western Australia (CDCWA).
- Vera Ding has stepped down from her position as Director of Development at Arts Queensland.
- Lyn Wallis has been appointed as Artistic Director and co-CEO of HotHouse Theatre and will step down as Director of Theatre at the Australia Council for the Arts.
- Gill Perkins has stepped up to the position of General Manager at Bell Shakespeare.
- Fiona Dunne announced as the new Creative Producer of Express Media.
- Simon Burke stands down as federal president of Actors Equity Australia after 10yrs at the helm.
- Teena Munn is leaving the position as General Manager and Producer of Windmill Theatre.
- Emily Sexton has commenced as the new Head of Programming at The Wheeler Centre.
- Amanda Macri to step down as General Manager of Playwriting Australia at the end of November.
- Greg Clarke to step down as Director and CEO of Adelaide Fringe Festival after 2015.
- Bec Carey-Grieve steps down as General Manager of Footscray Arts Centre to take on the new role of Metro West Program & Space Coordinator at Victoria University.
- Bill Harris replaces Lynne Williams as Chair of Performing Lines, while Louana Sainsbury joins the team as Associate Producer of the Blak Lines initiative.
- Executive Producer, Footscray Community Arts Centre – Apps close 17 Nov.
- General Manager, Footscray Community Arts Centre – Apps close 17 Nov.
- General Manager, Playwriting Australia – Apps close 10 Nov.
- General Manager and Producer, Windmill Theatre – Apps close 21 Nov.
- Director, Theatre Network NSW – Apps close 17 Nov.
- General Manager, Australian Theatre for Young People – Apps close 24 Nov.
- Assistant to the Artistic Director, Melbourne Theatre Company – Apps close 20 Nov.
- Corporate Partnerships Manager, Sydney Theatre Company – Apps close 21 Nov.
- Operations Co-ordinator, Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre – Apps close 14 Nov.
- Ticketing Co-ordinator, Adelaide Fringe – Apps close 26 Nov.
- Director & CEO, Adelaide Fringe – EOIs now open.
Compiled by Bethany Simons for Theatre Network Victoria.
Stay in the loop: Subscribe to TNV’s monthly eNews.